People are devastated by the sudden loss of this beautiful man who meant so much, to so many. We’ve gathered the latest Paul Walker updates and news for fans.
Fans have been gathering day and night in Santa Clarita, CA, at the site of the car crash that killed Paul Walker, and his friend Roger Rodas. They have created a make-shift shrine on the charred ground. They have been holding candlelight vigils, leaving flowers and notes, candles, paying their respects, and communing with each other in grief.
Meanwhile, Investigators are still looking into cause of the crash of the 2005 Porsche Carrera GT in which Paul and his friend Roger lost their lives.
Here are some of the updates on the family, friends, the filming of Fast and Furious 7, and the investigation. We’ve linked to media carrying these stories.
-CNN is reporting that speed or drag racing may have been involved with the crash.
- But friends believe it was mechanical failure that caused the crash and they explained to TMZ.
- Paul Walker is survived by his beloved daughter Meadow Walker, his only child. Her mom is his ex, Rebecca McBrain. There is heartbreaking news today from Hollywood Life that she was at the Reach Out Worldwide event with her dad and witnessed the crash scene after the fact.
- We have heard this was also the case for the 8 year old son of former racer car driver Roger Rodas, who was believed to be driving the car that crashed. His son ran toward the burning vehicle to help get his dad out before adults pulled him away.
- Sadly Paul Walkers best friend attempted to get near the car and free him and could not. E Online revealed some heartbreaking on-the-scene details.
- Paul Walker’s father, Paul Walker, Sr., shared his heart-wrenching grief with media.
- Tyrese Gibson, Walker’s co-star in several “Fast & Furious” movies, was seen at the site of the crash with a yellow flower. He broken down crying.
- Paul was in the middle of filming Fast and Furious 7 at the time of his passing. The cast and crew are devastated and filming has temporarily been halted, with the future of the franchise uncertain.
- Fans love his character, Brian O’Conner, and the word is that the cast and crew plan to pay a special tribute to Paul in the next film.
If you’d like to learn more about Paul’s charity, Reach Out Worldwide, or make a donation, please visit http://www.roww.org.